The APEX Mentoring Program (AMP) applications are closed.
The APEX Mentoring Program (AMP) is a unique, small-group mentoring program designed to match mentor-mentee pairs with the mission of developing future leaders by helping Asian Pacific Islander Americans (APIA) with professional and personal development. Young professionals are paired with experienced professionals based on common career interests and goals. Throughout the program, mentors and mentees will be presented with numerous opportunities to foster their personal and professional development, through AMP workshops focused on topics such as goal setting, networking, career strategies, public speaking, and leadership. The 2013 program begins in March and ends in August.
AMP Mentee: Individuals with <5 years work experience
AMP Mentor: Individuals with >5 years work experience
AMP Mentee applications will be accepted through March 8, 2013
AMP Mentor applications will be accepted through March 8, 2013
All applications will be carefully reviewed by the AMP Committee, and a limited number of mentors and mentees will be selected. Within one week of application submission, you will receive an e-mail confirmation that your application has been received All applicants will be notified by e-mail no later than March 15, 2013 of their status in the program.
Please make sure that as a mentee/mentor, you will be able to make the following events:
- AMP Opening Ceremony – Thursday, March 21, 2013 (7-9pm)
- AMP Workshop #1 – Saturday, May 4, 2013 (9:30-11:30am)
- AMP Workshop #2 – Thursday, June 20, 2013 (7-9pm)
- AMP Closing – Saturday, August 3, 2013 (9:30-11:30am)
- AMP Graduation/ Community Leaders Reception (CLR) – August 8 (tentative)
All meeting locations will be in/close to the downtown LA area. Dates/times are subject to change with advanced notice.
AMP Workshop #1 with Nancy Newman "Diversity in Networking and Business Development"
AMP Workshop #2 with Professor Sunook Park "Branding" (www.sunookpark.com)
* A non-refundable application of $10.00 will be assessed for all applicants. Successful applicants will be assessed an additional $30.00, which includes a one-year APEX Premium Membership. Unsuccessful applicants will receive a discount to attend the APEX Networking Mixer in April.
For any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our 2013 AMP Sponsors: