APEX Leadership Conference
The APEX Leadership Conference is a career development conference dedicated to Asian Pacific American professionals in Los Angeles. Event workshops include developing leadership skills, career advancement, and networking. The conference draws professionals from various industries, such as tech, entertainment, finance and many others. Participants can take advantage of the leadership conference to expand their network, showcase their skills and provide opportunities for career success.
- "Career Oxygen: The Blueprint for Negotiation Success” - Do you have what it takes to influence, negotiate and lead with confidence? Negotiation is the key to business success. It is also the key to your OWN career success. Learn about negotiation success from Lisa Gates, Co-Founder of She Negotiates, a consulting and coaching company that has been featured on NPR, CNN, Fox, and in publications such as the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, More Magazine, and Real Simple, among others.
- “Managing Up” - What skills do you need to handle your boss? And how can you be the most effective employee you can be? Being able to optimally communicate information, make appropriate decisions, and effectively escalate issues is very important to work with your manager more effectively. Develop your strategic plan to ͞manage up͟ and give your manager the things they need to best manage you. Don't leave the quality of your relationship with your manager solely in your manager’s hands. Take charge and start managing up!
- “Building & Managing Global Networks” - Thinking of expanding your networks domestically or globally? As the President of Blacoh Industries, Andrew possess over 25 years of experience in global marketing. Come listen to Andrew touch on being an authentic leader that will attract and expand the right network around you that will work for you both in the short and long term.
- “Branding and Promoting Yourself” - “Work hard…others will recognize your accomplishments…and you’ll be automatically promoted.” While this prescription is correct, it is only partly true. In this workshop, you will identify your unique brand – the brand called “you.” Linda Kim, a VP at Bank of America, will help discover practical and effective tools to promote yourself to advance your career.
- “Succeed at Being an Introvert” - Do you consider yourself an introvert who has trouble finding your way up the corporate ladder? Look no further as Eddie Lin, founder of MentorMint, will share his experiences and tips for those who are looking to get out of their comfort zone. Eddie will share his stories of how he moved up the corporate world and his years of experience coaching young professionals who are introverts.
- “Present with Power: Keys to Outstanding Public Speaking” - Today’s professionals seeking to become leaders and managers of their organizations need to know how to PRESENT WITH POWER. Do you? Dave Morris, Toastmaster and former President, will share his story on becoming an effective Toastmaster speaker. He’ll also share key strategies and techniques, including how to effectively present complex information, engage the audience, and present with power.
See you at the APEX Leadership Conference on October 1st! Get your tickets early! Admission includes lunch.